Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Fonts and Browsers

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Fonts and Browsers
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 08:00:15 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, Larry Bottorff wrote:

> Does anyone have any information on fonts and especially how they
> render in (what I assume to be the only Linux browser) Netscape?
> Compared to IE and NS, NS on Linux always renders fonts shrunken
> (ca. 50% smaller) and jaggy.

Edit:preferences:fonts.
There's boxes to check for 'Allow to scale' or not.  Also you can
force the size of them (by picking the size then checking the radio
box below for 'Use my default fonts').  I personally always force a
decent-size font because I don't like web page designers making it
hard for me to read.

Yes, I'd rather use lynx.

-jeff
--
"You just moved your mouse. The system will now
 reboot to take the change in effect. Please wait..."