Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: How do I install applications?

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: How do I install applications?
From: Bob_Deep <bobd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 13:30:49 +0000

Jeff wrote:

> > there one that's designed for X, giving me a nice graphical display of
> > what's on my ftp site and what I want to copy over?
>
> I've heard people say nice things about ncftp; I don't know if it's
> graphical or not.  I'm sure _someone_ has made one - check around.

Netscape actually works for this...  It can show you ftp sites and local
file listings...

It does not upload stuff, at least I've not ever done that...  But you
can use ncftp to do the uploads and netscape to view what you have up
there.

Gnome has an FTP front end to X.. I have troubble using it because of I
have to work through a proxy and it does not seem to do that right, but
it looks like it might be what you are looking for.  It's called "gftp"
I beleive..

--
      -=  Bob =-
Hey.. This is my mail and I charge for SPAM I receive...