Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Mp3Lister.app

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Mp3Lister.app
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 14:30:32 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, gLaNDix wrote:

> i'd like something a little more advanced than this...  plus, i would just
> like the experience programming something simple, so maybe later i can write
> more advanced programs...

Maybe my 15+ years of experience programming has jaded me, but I think the
snippet of code you're asking for is pretty simple itself.  If you're
wanting to learn how to program, why are you asking for someone else to
write you a simple piece of code that just reads a directory, filters the
file listing, and outputs it to a file?  Learn by doing... if you don't
know how to read a directory in C, try asking how to do that instead of
asking people to write completed routines specific to your applications.

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Hey! Lower your landing gear! !@#$*!?% NO HARRIER