Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Mp3Lister.app

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Mp3Lister.app
From: Tom Hull <thull@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 00:05:42 -0500

gLaNDix wrote:
> yup... knew that...  tell me then... is C++ and Objective-C the same thing?

No, not at all. They attempt to do similar things, but Objective-C is just
a preprocessor that turns certain special notations into C library calls,
plus the library that it calls into. As I recall, Objective-C was originally
put together by a guy named Brad Cox. I never did anything with it, but I
attended a seminar run by Cox before I had ever heard of C++. (Stroustrup
was working on it at the time, but still calling it "C with Classes"; the
big OO language du jour was Smalltalk.)

I gather than Objective-C is freely available now, but I doubt that there
is any need for it or advantage to it.

--
/*
 * Tom Hull -- mailto:thull@xxxxxxxxxxx or thull@xxxxxxxxxx