Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Mp3Lister.app

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Mp3Lister.app
From: "gLaNDix" <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 20:55:37 -0500

> I "learned" C++ from Practical C++ Programming (I saw learned because I've
> never actually programmed with it).

i was taught from the book "Data Abstraction and Structures Using C++", but
i've really never done any of my "own" programming with it either...

> I'm supicious of any of the Learn $LANGUAGE in $X units of time. Of course
> a lot of those are Windows based, and thus evil :)

i agree...  not only that, but learning as something as in-depth as C or C++
in a week or whatever is pretty quick...  especially seeing as how my C++
class was a semester of college at Tabor, and i really don't remember much!
: ^ )

> Also C++ and C are different languages, they may look similar but one is
> Object Orieneted one is procedural.

yup... knew that...  tell me then... is C++ and Objective-C the same thing?

jesse