Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Mp3Lister.app

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Mp3Lister.app
From: "Clint A. Brubakken" <cabrubak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 13:27:12 -0500 (CDT)

I "learned" C++ from Practical C++ Programming (I saw learned because I've
never actually programmed with it).

I learned C from several classes and years of working on C programs, I
currently only have one C book, C in the UNIX enviroment (by O'Rielly but
out of print). This is kinda of a condensed version of Advanced Unix
Programming by the late W. Richard Stevens.

I'm supicious of any of the Learn $LANGUAGE in $X units of time. Of course
a lot of those are Windows based, and thus evil :)

Also C++ and C are different languages, they may look similar but one is
Object Orieneted one is procedural.

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, gLaNDix wrote:

> > So you need a C book by example. Look around there are some, for Perl
> > there is the Perl Cookbook, which I've not read but heard was good.
>
> are the "learn C in 1 week"-type books any good, or should i stick to the
> O'Reily (sp?) & Associates-type books?  right now, all i've got is a C++
> book from Tabor...
>
> jesse

Clint Brubakken
Developer, Computer Science Services Group, LLC
Dictator-for-Life Air Capital Linux Users Group
Wichita, KS
cabrubak@xxxxxxx
---
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc