Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] cleaning up.

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] cleaning up.
From: phrostie <phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 23:07:32 -0500

one gig?
sorry, i was amazed when i had a 165 meg swap file from gimp.

check and make sure that it's really mounted(that partition)
do a df and make sure that your total is at least  correct.

Michael Holmes wrote:

I am putting too much junk in my hard drive, and now, I am at 99% and I
am running in to lock up troubles.  I do not know what files are trash.
I have found my down loads, and cleaned them up, but I have almost an
extra gig from where I do not know.  I installed at around 750 meg.  I
added an extra 400 meg in programs, this should still leave me with 1
gig available, I've cleaned off 200 meg of my 400 meg downloads, the 200
meg is the only opening. I show.  Does Linux keep a cache of what has
transpired, if so where is it and how can it be cleaned.  I've cleaned
up netscape's cache, and that was 15 meg, but I cannot account for the
extra 1000 meg!!!!

HELP

MIKE

--