Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] PGP--Meeting Topic

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] PGP--Meeting Topic
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 14:49:52 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, jg wrote:

> > On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Clint A. Brubakken wrote:
> >
> > > I think we may have to change our meeting structure, especially as
> > > we get new members/users of linux.
>
> First, I think everyone should read the "Linux users group HOWTO".

Users-group HOWTO? The HOWTO file itself has lots of good Practical
Suggestions, one of which is:
  o  Make sure you know what LUG members want the LUG to do
We should not be slave to a web page or a HOWTO, but rather be
responsive to the membership.

> Success should be measured by how many people continue to show up
> week after week.

Yes! Thus, the survey "What are you interested in learning? What can
you teach?"

> missed it up on the web. We should also have many IRC meetings,
> even if only two people show up. Again make transcripts available
> (with the "script" command).

I'm with Jonathan: IRC transcripts aren't typically useful, unless
carefully moderated and edited. Clear, concise, directed 'HOWTO's are
much more useful.

-jeff
--
I am a rich and happy man, and others often ask me how I have come to be
so successful. I respond with the two 'golden rules' which I have obeyed