Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] PGP--Meeting Topic

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] PGP--Meeting Topic
From: "Clint A. Brubakken" <cabrubak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 10:20:56 -0500 (CDT)

I think we may have to change our meeting structure, especially as we get
new members/users of linux.

We'll have to repeat some of our basic topics, again and again.

How about a begining Linux session, every few months like we do with
installs.
We would go over some of the more basic things about linux, and how to
find more info.

Then a Counterpoint of a more advanced session like we talked about.

We are getting the problem of 2 different levels, and the half hour of
premeetting, may not be enough.

We might discuss this at out next committee meeting.

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Jeff wrote:

> I would like to see more of the 'more advanced' topics; diskless
> workstation setup would be one of them.
>
> -jeff
> --
> Windows 95: n.
>   32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an
>   8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor,
>   written by a 2-bit company that can't stand for 1 bit of competition.

Clint Brubakken
Developer, Computer Science Services Group, LLC
Dictator-for-Life Air Capital Linux Users Group
Wichita, KS
cabrubak@xxxxxxx
---
"If you want an application to be portable, you don't necessarily create an
abstraction layer like a microkernel so much as you program intelligently."

  -- Linus Torvalds on Microkernels (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)