Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Attempt to regain LINUX from NT

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Attempt to regain LINUX from NT
From: Seth Turner <spiff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 16:23:42 -0600 (CST)

> > So far I know I shouldn't put lilo back into the MBR of my NT drive cause NT
> > will cry about it and not work, not that it does anyway.  But I don't
> > follow
> Actually, they should work fine.  I believe I've done it that way before.

That was based on information from a mini-HOWTO about Linux and the NT
bootloader.
The other process for doing this was going to actually use NT as the boot
controller.

> >   label=Winblows95

> Probably just rename this to NT or something

Simple enough editing.  Changed one line it lilo.conf and then typed lilo and
all works fine now!!  Much easier then what the mini-HOWTO was going to have
me do.

> Probably you can; there is a "ftape" driver.

Will check into it.

THANKS!! glad to be back into the world of Linux!!

Spiff