Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] So close, but . . .SOLVED!

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] So close, but . . .SOLVED!
From: Jim Rosencutter <rosencut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 16:32:09 -0600

I got through the install!  Here's what was happening:

I was partitioning with Disk Druid.  I initially thought available space
it was telling me I had was generous.  After retrying the install
several times, I figured out I could Alt-F3 to see the output of the
process.  When it failed again, there was some message there about
"extending beyond the end of the device" or something like that.  I went
back and f-disked the Linux partitions, set up some more conservative
sizes, and successfully completed the install.  LILO works beautifully
for dual-booting to win95, too.  Now if I only had a non-winmodem :(

Jim