Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
[aclug-L] [Fwd: HELP----MODEM WOES....]

To: Linux users group questions <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] [Fwd: HELP----MODEM WOES....]
From: maholmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 15:39:19 -0700

try this again
--- Begin Message ---
To: Linux users group questions <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: HELP----MODEM WOES....
From: maholmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 13:03:38 -0700
I cannot use the modem any way except as root.

I have to boot up, type isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf then when it does its
thing, (the exact same numbers and checksums as when it boots)  I must
perform a 'shutdown -r now, and then when it reboots, I then have a
modem.  I do not know why I must reboot.  I get the exact report the
first time it boots.

The only way I can activate my ppp0 connection, is by using network
config and activating ppp0.  Nothing else the book shows works.  I only
have network config in root.  I cannot access the internet any way other
than as root.

--- End Message ---