Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] [Fwd: HELP----MODEM WOES....]

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] [Fwd: HELP----MODEM WOES....]
From: phrostie <phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 19:10:10 -0600

two things come to mind
1.  in the netcfg setup there is a setting that says "allow any user....."
        make sure this is clicked.
2.  if you are useing afterstep there is a neat little utility called asmodem.
        it goes in your wharf.  you double click it and your modem dials.
        there is no need to login as su or root for as modem.
        it shows if the conection is up or down and is used to turn it on and off.

phrostie

maholmes wrote:

try this again