Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] ACLUG TIME WARP

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] ACLUG TIME WARP
From: "James O. Harms" <joharms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 11:37:45 -0800

John Goerzen wrote:

> I noticed this in your mail headers:
> Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 08:59:34 -0800
>
> the -0800 is the key.  This means your computer's time zone is set to
> the pacific zone -- ...  If you fix that, things
> ought to be OK.

John,
Thanks for catching the -0800.  That got past me.  The solution is not
quite so simple, however.  I get most of my mail on a win95 machine with
Netscape3.  The time is correct.  The date/time properties for the
system are set as: GMT -06:00, central time (US).  I checked this before
I sent my post.  Netscape3 (as far as I know) contains no way to set its
own time, and synchs w/ win95.

It gets wierder (more wierd?).  Example:

My last post to ACLUG showed 8:59 -0800 in the message header, 8:59 on
the list menu, and was sent at 8:59.  Your reply shows 9:44 -0600 on the
message header, and 7:44 on the list menu.

At least I now know the problem is here, not there.  Any clues about how
to remedy this?

Thanks,
joh