Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Solaris

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Solaris
From: jeffrey.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 23:21:22 -0500

All I know is what the site said.  It seems like they're trying to fight
back al little for UNIX-like exposure to the market.  Non-commercial use
isn't a threat to them since developers will still have to buy it and most
casual users won't be interested anyway.  It's more like an elaborate
shareware scheme.  My interest was that it's compliant with most software.
I don't think I'll be in a position to afford 128 MB of RAM anytime soon,
however.  I've got a copy of 2.6 I was considering installing, but I think
I'll just stick with trying to figure out how to get LINUX to run.  :-/

Jeff

phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on 02/23/99 11:11:43 AM

Please respond to aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx