Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Solaris

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Solaris
From: "Greg House" <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 20:58:46 -0600

>This is a bit off topic..but since you guys are talking about Solaris..
>i am going to install solaris(x86) and want to dual boot between Linux
>and Solaris. Is it hard to do?

I haven't done it myself, but I don't think it'd be too tough to do.  Linux
is pretty friendly about other OS's.  It has support for your ufs file
systems and everything (does the x86 version use ufs like the sparc
version?)

Certainly easier then setting up a dual boot with Windoze.  I'm in the
middle of one of those right now.  Like a fool, I installed Linux first,
leaving the first partition (a DOS partition) open.  Of course, lovely
Microsoft trashed my Linux partition when I tried to install it.  Now I'll
have to reinstall Linux once Win98 is done reeking havok.

>Also i was wondering if the x86 version of solaris has CDE or not?

Yes, it does.

Greg