Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Solaris

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Solaris
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 26 Feb 1999 11:18:59 -0600

Well.  It took me a little while to reply because I am trying to
figure out how to say this nicely :-)

My opinion of Solaris is not very high.  I've witnessed it to Very
Nasty things, crash, soak up RAM and disk space for no good reason,
etc.  I think that you are much better with Linux unless you are doing
something like SMP with 8 or more CPUs that happen to be UltraSparcs.

John