Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] intellemouse question

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] intellemouse question
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 15:38:54 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Jesse Kaufman wrote:

> ok, how do i tell my computer to use the middle button on my intellemouse
> scrolling mouse?  for now, i'd be satisfied with just using the wheel as a
> third button so i don't have to hit the l&r buttons at the same time to
> emulate this..

http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/rhl/intel/rh51-hardware-intel-13.html
Compatible, but Unsupported Mice

The following mice are compatible to Red Hat Linux but may require
"tweaking" to use.
. The Microsoft IntelliMouse (the one with a blue ``scroll-wheel''
  between the two buttons) is compatible with XFree86-3.3; use of the
  scroll-wheel can be enabled using the `Translations' resource
  available in some X11 applications. Red Hat does not offer support
  for configuring the IntelliMouse.

http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HARDWARE
  18.  Mice
  18.2.  Others
  ·  Microsoft Intellimouse

ftp://ftp.XFree86.org/pub/XFree86/3.3.2/doc/README.mouse

If you run xf86config, it should get you to where you set up the mouse
-- choose auto, and if it doesn't detect it as an IntelliMouse, it
should give you the chance to choose it from a list.

I don't have one myself, so you'll have to tool around with it a bit
(isn't Linux fun!?) :)

-jeff
----
Jeff Schaller                   schaller@xxxxxxxxxxx
UNIX System Administrator       Phone:  (316) 946-7255
Learjet Inc                     Fax:    (316) 946-2809