Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1998:
[aclug-L] Re: Info Request

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Info Request
From: JOHNSTONE JEREMY S <jsjohnst@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 23:09:43 -0500 (CDT)

Here is my responses:

> Name: Jeremy Johnstone
> First ver. of linux used (kernel version): 1.1.13
> First release used (distribution): Slackware
> Favorite release: RedHat
> Current ver and release: Redhat 5.1 / Kernel 2.0.35
> Most used linux machine specs: Toshiba Laptop 133MMX / 16Mb RAM
> Projects you have worked on / developed for linux: POS systems, ISP's
Web hosting business's, network solutions
> your linux "specialties": networking and database design / usage
> favorite linux site: sunsite.unc.edu
> current needs/interests for linux: a working USB implementation
> ideas for linux improvement: To beat Microsoft we as a whole are going
to have to promote / develop / and lamenize it.
> anything else you can think of:
Does anyone know where I can find a program to emulate a remote control
through an IRDA port for ANY operating system. (I own way to many remotes
and haven't as of yet had time to research and develop my own
implementation