Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2009:
Re: OfflineIMAP project hosting choices

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: OfflineIMAP project hosting choices
From: Peter Cowan <cowan.pd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 20:46:14 -0700

Apologies if this doesn't thread correctly, I just joined the list.

Github seems like a popular place for hosting open source project
these days.  Accounts are free for open source projects, and as it's
name implies it is based around git.  I'm partial to hg, but git and
github seem to have a very strong thriving community.

This would make forking and hosting the fork trivial for anyone
interested in taking over ongoing maintenance.  The main downside as I
see it, is that github is a private enterprise, but that doesn't seem
to be an issue if you are considering google groups (which is great
btw, I can't even view the complete.org archives with safari).

Cheers and thanks for providing such a handy tool.

peter