Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2009:
Re: Google Chats with offlineimap

To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Google Chats with offlineimap
From: Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 10:42:41 +0800

On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 06:56 +0800, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 15:08 -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> > Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Sometimes my friends forward me google chats, which have additional
> > > headers which look like this:-

> > > Offlineimap's python parser chokes on uploading these messages to the
> > > IMAP server. Removing those lines fixes the issue, but I have to
> > > manually do that everytime I get one of these emails. Note, there is no
> > > problem with downloading from the server, but I tend to file my emails
> > > to another folder, and it can't upload from that folder to the server.>
> >
> > I think we'd have to see the last bits of a debug log and the specific
> > error messages to have any idea what's going on.
>
> Ah, silly me, forgot to change the header previously, sorry for messing
> up people's threading.
>
> I will include the debug logs as soon as I get another google chat
> email, I manually correct them when I get them, since I do need to get
> other mails. Will follow up.

Whaddaya know, when I finally get a google chat, it works flawlessly
now. I have not updated offlineimap in the meantime (there was a release
today, wasn't there?) so that won't explain it. I did check the mail
itself, it had those three lines as above but synced flawlessly.

Will continue to keep an eye out, if it happens again will remember to
reproduce and send.