Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2009:
Re: OfflineIMAP project hosting choices

To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Florian Friesdorf <flo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: OfflineIMAP project hosting choices
From: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 18:24:47 +0200

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:17:22AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:

> Florian Friesdorf wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 05:19:22PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> >> Hi folks,
> >>
> >> I've recently been doing some evaluation of sites and apps that are used
> >> to host Free Software projects:
> >>
> >> http://changelog.complete.org/archives/1123-free-software-project-hosting
> >>
> >> Does anyone in this community have opinions or suggestions for where
> >> OfflineIMAP might be hosted?  Would any particular option make you more
> >> or less likely to contribute?

First of all, thank you for asking for feedbacks and comments on this. I
would expect that the main services are smart and simple. This concerns
- release binaries hosting;
- bug tracking;
- a wiki (to involve the users participation).

I mainly agree with your analyse.

The VCS system may be hosted on another site, I believe it doesn't
matter that much. Also, I don't usually use online source browsers, so I
have no particulary needs/comments on it.

> > everything git-based: more likely
> > everything non-git-based: less likely
>
> I'm not planning to switch away from git at all.  The only difference
> may be whether the git repo is hosted on git.complete.org or some other
> service, but it's not going away or moving to a different VCS>

Nice, I'd like to stick to Git too. I aim to go further into the
OfflineIMAP development... But I work as fast as my free time permits.

--
Nicolas Sebrecht