Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2009:
Re: Considering reverting imaplib2.py and IDLE support - need feedback

To: Marc MERLIN <marc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Considering reverting imaplib2.py and IDLE support - need feedback
From: Mike Dawson <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 20:20:18 +0430

Hi,

Well if there is anything that can be done to leave it as an option then
that would be great.   I have considered doing the loop - the thing is
if someone for example changes their password whilst you are syncing
other accounts then offlineimap would crash even before someone else's
attachment was downloaded for example.  So I definitely need to do
something for trying to isolate stuff a bit...

The strange thing I saw was:
http://www.cs.usyd.edu.au/~piers/python/imaplib.html

Quote from end of first paragraph
" (|imaplib2| can be substituted for |imaplib| in existing clients with
no changes in the code.) "

I'm not familiar with the details of imaplib vs imaplib2 though...

Regards,

-Mike