Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2009:
Re: Considering reverting imaplib2.py and IDLE support - need feedback

To: Mike Dawson <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Considering reverting imaplib2.py and IDLE support - need feedback
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:34:44 -0500

Mike Dawson wrote:

> I think idle support is a really important thing to have and was
> something that mail addicts really appreciate - I mean having to wait
> for the sync to get your spam makes some people twitch.

<grin>

Of course, I agree...  the problem is that the existing code that
provides it required a switch to a library that has introduced stability
problems.  I think I am going to have to revert it for now.  I just got
yet another bug report about it.  I think imaplib2 is not ready for
prime time yet.