Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2009:
sync hangs without any kind of error message

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: sync hangs without any kind of error message
From: Arian Kuschki <arian.kuschki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 22:57:58 +0400

Hi all,
I am a new user and trying to sync my Gmail account for the first time. At
downloading thousands of emails at some point offlineimap just stops syncing
without any indication why. The screen looks like below and will not change
anymore:

[...]
Scanning folder [Gmail/Nachverfolgung]
Syncing [Google Mail]/Bin: Gmail -> Maildir
Scanning folder [Maildir/[Google Mail].Bin]
Scanning folder [Gmail/[Google Mail]/Bin]
Syncing [Google Mail]/Drafts: Gmail -> Maildir
Scanning folder [Maildir/[Google Mail].Drafts]
Scanning folder [Gmail/[Google Mail]/Drafts]
Deleting 1 messages (620) in Maildir[[Google Mail].Drafts],
LocalStatus[[Google Mail].Drafts]
Syncing [Google Mail]/Sent Mail: Gmail -> Maildir
Scanning folder [Maildir/[Google Mail].Sent Mail]
Scanning folder [Gmail/[Google Mail]/Sent Mail]
Copy message 22 Gmail[[Google Mail]/Sent Mail] -> Maildir[[Google Mail].Sent
Mail], LocalStatus[[Google Mail].Sent Mail]
Copy message 23 Gmail[[Google Mail]/Sent Mail] -> Maildir[[Google Mail].Sent
Mail], LocalStatus[[Google Mail].Sent Mail]
2: [active]      *Control: .
1: [active]            ak: . ..

Restasting offlineimap also doesn't change anything.

I aware this info is not sufficient for you to me help me. But if somebody
could give me a hint what I could try to locate the problem that would be
much appreciated. I've tried '-d imap -1' and it doesn't give any kind of
error message.

Cheers
Arian