Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: October 2007:
Re: Failing to reproduce file hierarchy locally

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Failing to reproduce file hierarchy locally
From: Andy Schofield <ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 16:58:37 +0100

> Use mynametrans from my Python extensions:
>
> http://svn.asheesh.org/svn/public/code/offlineimap_ext.py
>
> See also my offlineimap rc:
>
> http://svn.asheesh.org/svn/public/conf/offlineimaprc
>
> Feel free to publicize these links!
>
> -- Asheesh.

That is a great help - they work perfectly!

However, this structure now messes up the names of folders in Evolution
(as I should have realized - it generates maildir++). What I would like
to do now is to have the top level directory (~/Maildir) as my inbox and
the rest of the substructure as unhidden folders separated by "/"

So I have tried :

[Repository Local]
type = Maildir
localfolders = ~/Maildir
sep = /

[Repository Remote]
type = IMAP
remotehost = XXX.bham.ac.uk
remoteuser = ajs
nametrans = lambda foldername: re.sub('^INBOX\.', '', foldername)

as suggested in the manual. However this creates

cur/
Drafts/
INBOX/
new/
Queue/
Sent/
tmp/

With 2 copies of the emails: one set in ~/Maildir/cur and an identical
set in ~/Maildir/INBOX/cur

How do I stop the ~/Maildir/INBOX/ being created with INBOX emails just
going into ~/Maildir ?

Thanks again for the help
Andy