Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: October 2007:
Failing to reproduce file hierarchy locally

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Failing to reproduce file hierarchy locally
From: Andy Schofield <ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 18:07:01 +0100

I've just discovered offlineimap and it seems to be just what I need.
However I am struggling to set it up as I want it.

My server (running postfix + dovecot) sets up a file hierarchy in my
home directory as follows:

ls -aF ~/Maildir

./
../
.archive/
cur/
.Drafts/
new/
.Queue/
.Sent/
subscriptions
tmp/
.Trash/

So new email goes into the topmost directory under new or cur, and if I
put things into the folder called .archive then they go
into .archive/cur

What I want to do is to have offlineimap create an identical hierarchy
on my laptop. However whatever I do, in terms of renaming etc makes no
difference. I tried the config recipe to remove INBOX but no change.
On the laptop I always get ls -aF Maildir

./
../
archive/
Drafts/
INBOX/
Queue/
Sent/
Trash/

What settings do I need to mirror the file structure identically to
that on the server?

Thanks, Andy

My current config
# Sample minimal config file.  Copy this to ~/.offlineimaprc and edit to
# suit to get started fast.

[general]
accounts = Theory
metadata = ~/.offlineimap