Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: October 2007:
Re: Synchronization Issue (Folders not deleted)

To: bernhard.egger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Synchronization Issue (Folders not deleted)
From: Stewart Smith <stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 14:06:24 +1000

> > my critical mail for several months now... so it does work).
> I would appreciate it if you could send it to me - thanks a lot.

Attached.

Apply in this order:
offlineimap_sqlite_localstatus.patch
updateflags_commit_every100.patch

The second one is just an improvement for syncing lots of changes to
message flags. In the event of crash, you may have to redo the sync of
up to 100 message flags, but this is fine, it just takes you a bit of
extra time/bandwidth/filesystem ops.

> > I'd be interested to hear you trying an initial sync with my patch and
> > see how it goes (should be a lot quicker too)
> well, the 300K messages folder does not contain that many messages any mo=
re
> (unfortunately). I just synched once to make a backup of my mail and then
> deleted it. I have about 5K messages in there now, and with my +/- 200 ju=
nk
> messages per day, it'll be quite big quite soon.
>=20
> Anyways, I'll try it out and then post the results.

It'll be a lot more noticable on 300k messages than 5k :)
--=20
Stewart Smith (stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.flamingspork.com/

-- Type: text/x-patch
-- File: offlineimap_sqlite_localstatus.patch

-- Type: text/x-patch
-- File: updateflags_commit_every100.patch

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part