Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2005:
Re: offlineIMAP status?

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: offlineIMAP status?
From: Seth Falcon <sethfalcon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 14:14:27 -0800

Charles Marcus <CMarcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> "With OfflineIMAP 4.0, a powerful new ability has been introduced -- the
> program can now synchronize two IMAP servers with each other, with no
> need to have a Maildir layer in-between."
>
> So, I guess my main question is, how well does it work with two Cyrus
> IMAP servers that have about 30 user accounts, some with only an Inbox,
> Drafts, Templates and Trash folders, and others with 30 or more folders.
>
> 5. I want the two servers to stay in sync at all times - although a
> delay of minutes is obviously completely acceptable.

Other posts may have resolved this all for you, but I thought I'd
comment on one piece:

A problem you would run into is that even when syncing two IMAP
servers, OfflineIMAP thinks of one as "local" and one as "remote".
The upshot is:

New mail folders created on the remote side won't get sync'd to the
local side (at least that has been my experience).

cheers,

+ seth