Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2005:
Re: offlineIMAP status?

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: offlineIMAP status?
From: Charles Marcus <CMarcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:41:24 -0500

> Well, OfflineIMAP is designed for personal use rather than syncing two
> whole servers.  So the answer is -- this is untested, and there is no
> automatic support for syncing an entire server installation.  You would
> have to manually configure each account in OfflineIMAP.

Yeah, I kind of figured that out after reading the manual a few times...

> Do I understand that the public IMAP server is not reachable via a fast
> link from your internal LAN?

No, it is, but it forces everything through a single, 10/100Mbit port,
rather than a gigabit switch. Yes, its fast, but with 30+ people hitting
it all day every day, I'd rather have it running on a gigabit switch
without having to go through a firewall bottleneck.

> I'm thinking that OfflineIMAP is probably not the best solution for your
> particular situation.

Yeah, me too. It's a very useful little app, though, and I definitely
have added it to my toolkit.

Thanks for the dialogue, and the app!

--

Charles