Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2005:
Re: offlineIMAP status?

To: Charles Marcus <CMarcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: offlineIMAP status?
From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 15:44:56 -0500

Charles Marcus wrote:[Mon Mar 07 2005, 03:03:15PM EST]
> So, I guess my main question is, how well does it work with two Cyrus
> IMAP servers that have about 30 user accounts, some with only an Inbox,
> Drafts, Templates and Trash folders, and others with 30 or more folders.

It would work fine, but you'd need to run offlineimap once for each
user.  You could do them in sequence or get fancy and run multiple
simultaneously, depending on what you want the intensity and duration
of the load on the servers to look like.

Btw, offlineimap has occasional problems that I think are related to
Cyrus.  I haven't had any problems using Courier, but when I was
running on Cyrus, I would occasionally have problems that would
necessitate deleting the mail and state files on the client side, then
resyncing to get them back.  I don't know if you would see that
problem going Cyrus<->Cyrus or not.  AFAIK, the bug was never solved.

> What I want to do is the following - maybe there is a better way to do
> it? I'd appreciate any comments, especially from someone who understands
> the IMAP protocol well enough to write offlineIMAP... :)

Well, that's John, I'm just an offlineimap user... ;-)

Regards,
Aron

--
Aron Griffis