Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: January 2003:
Re: Problems with Curses.Blinkenlights - SOLVED!

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problems with Curses.Blinkenlights - SOLVED!
From: Sergei Kolobov <offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:37:36 +0300

On 2003-01-10 at 12:09 -0600, John Goerzen wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 09:06:31PM +0300, Sergei Kolobov wrote:
> > John, thanks for finding the solution for the problem so quickly.
> > I have applied your patch and it works much better now, although I am
> > still not sure that it works as you designed it:
>
> Correct.  Can you try this in an xterm with TERM=xterm-color and let me know
> if you still see the problem?

It turns out it was my local configuration issue:

I have a preauthtunnel in the config file:

preauthtunnel = ssh -q outpost '/pkg/bin/imapd ./Maildir'

The problem was that Courier-IMAP server was displaying the following
line on stderr for each IMAP connection

INFO: LOGIN, user=user, ip=[127.0.0.1]

After changing preauthtunnel to discard stderr like this:

preauthtunnel = ssh -q outpost '/pkg/bin/imapd ./Maildir' 2> /dev/null

the problem went away - now both the title bar and the status area are
displaying the information as intended.

Sergei