Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: January 2003:
Re: Problems with Curses.Blinkenlights

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problems with Curses.Blinkenlights
From: Sergei Kolobov <offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 21:06:31 +0300

On 2003-01-10 at 11:38 -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> OK, I found the problem.  Thanks for all your help.
>
> In some cases, OfflineIMAP has to re-initialize the curses library by
> closing the curses session and re-starting it.  It turns out that on Linux,
> ncurses preserves the color pair settings across such a reinitialization,
> but that is not the case on FreeBSD.  I have fixed the code to re-generate
> the color pairs after the reinitialization, and will be releasing that fix
> in 3.99.8 along with several fixes for terminals that do not support color.

John, thanks for finding the solution for the problem so quickly.
I have applied your patch and it works much better now, although I am
still not sure that it works as you designed it:

- in the beginning, the top line of the screen shows "OfflineIMAP ..."
  on blue background. If I understood correctly, that line is supposed
  to stay on the screen the whole time the program runs. In practice,
  the line disappears soon after starting (but it is NOT overwritten by
  the scrolling log messages;

- two lines at the bottom seems to be reserved for something, too. I only see
  colored dots (similar to Tk.Blinkenlights) but nothing else. Is this correct?

Thanks for the great program!

Sergei