Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: January 2003:
Problems with Curses.Blinkenlights

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Problems with Curses.Blinkenlights
From: Sergei Kolobov <offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 19:57:55 +0300

John, everybody,

I would like to try the new Curses.Blinkenlights UI. Unfortunately,
when I do that, I do not get any messages on the screen - well, except
the title at the top, then few "Establishing connection to ...".
That is, the messages do seem to appear on the screen but they are not
visible - i.e. black on black. The visible message are quickly scrolled
off from the screen. The only other messages visible are "Adding flags
S to ..." - they are dark grey on black.

I have tried setting COLORFGBG to some other foreground and background
colors, but most messages are still black on black. I have also tried
unsetting COLORFGBG completely - to no avail.

I have tried running OfflineIMAP under:
- console (FreeBSD syscons)
- xterm
- rxvt
- screen

I have tried both 3.99.6 and 3.99.7 - same results.

My OS platform is FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE.
IMAP server (if that matters) is Courier-IMAP 1.5.3.

Is it my local configuration issue?

Thanks,

Sergei