Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: January 2003:
Re: SSH and UI configuration questions

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SSH and UI configuration questions
From: Sergei Kolobov <offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:49:33 +0300

On 2003-01-11 at 18:19 -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 11:57:12PM +0000, jason.pettit@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > 1) Is there a way to synchronize the same mailbox via two different
> > methods?
>
> Not presently, but...

There is a way to accomplish that - well, a bit of a hack:

Suppose you have "office" and "home" accounts set up in your
~/.offlineimaprc. Suppose you have metadata = ~/.offlineimap.

Then do this:
$ cd ~/.offlineimap
$ mkdir office
$ ln -s office home

That way, both office and home accounts will point to the same set of
metadata files.

You can now invoke "offlineimap -a office" at the office and
"offlineimap -a home" at home.

Note: although I have thought of doing this myself, I have not got
around to actually implementing it (I solved my problem in another way).
Please let me know if this actually works. ;-)

Hope this helps.

Sergei