Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: January 2003:
SSH and UI configuration questions

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: SSH and UI configuration questions
From: jason.pettit@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 23:57:12 +0000

John,

First of all thanks for being so an active member of the Linux
community by developing offlineimap.  I have just started
investigating the tool a few days ago and have been surprised on
how many times you have updated the versions in the last couple
of weeks.

A couple of days ago I sat down and hacked through getting my
.offlineimaprc file setup and it is working perfectly but I would
like to ask a couple of questions that would help me make it work
even better.

1) Is there a way to synchronize the same mailbox via two different
methods?

Here what I need to do:
My email is currently delivered to a Microsoft exchange server
which does allow me to connect via IMAP.

When I in the office I would like to directly synchronize with
that server via it's real hostname to my INBOX, and a couple
other folders.

When I am out of the office I connect via SSH which means my
mailserver then become localhost:9143 but I would access the same
INBOX as I do in the office.

Is there a way I can have these two different setups synchronize
the same folder?

Not sure this was the best explanation but I hope you get the
idea.  Any advice?

2) I am have a problem executing the UI's at the moment I am
synchronize but only get to use the shell based ui.

The error I get when I try to define the other UI's by explicitly
defining them in the ui variable of my .offlineimaprc is.

ERROR: No UIs were found usable!

Just curious if you know the cause of this I will continue to
tinker.

-Jason