Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2004:
[linux-help] Re: Port 18593 attacks

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Port 18593 attacks
From: bbales <bbales@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 11:42:20 -0500

Unplugging the modem didn't change the IP address.  Cox is trying to change
it, but the method for doing it is not readily available to them.

The modems have a 12 hour lease time, so the easiest way is to shut it off for
24 hours and you will get a new IP address.  Or find out when your lease is
up and shut it off for 12 hours.  (Mine is up at 5:50 so if they can't reset
it at Cox, I will unplug about 5:30 and leave it over night.)

They are trying to be very helpful.  I have always had super support from Cox
except for the "We don't support Linux," bit.
bruce