Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2004:
[linux-help] Re: Port 18593 attacks

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Port 18593 attacks
From: ironrose <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 07:12:10 -0500

Powering the cable modem off for 2-5 minutes and rebooting may not give
you a new ip address with cox dhcp server.  Even the tech support staff
are unable to release & renew your ip address from the cox dhcp server.
  It may have to be released and renewed by a supervisor at cox.  I will
check on that.  ~Anne