Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2004:
[linux-help] Re: Port 18593 attacks

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Port 18593 attacks
From: bbales <bbales@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 20:35:30 -0500

No - In one bunch of 916 hits there were 110 different addresses.  38 were to
UDP, the rest to TCP.  Usually hits an address/port combination two to four
times and then switches.  Sometimes switches address and port in less than a
second (two hits with the same time-stamp.)  Most source ports are four
digit, the rest are five digit.

A sort on source addresses shows several addresses used quite a few times.
24.161.87.199 used 64 times with 16 different ports, each port used exactly
four times.
24.167.68.48 used 30 times, five different ports, each used exactly six times.
68.113.250.214  24 times, 8 different ports, each used exactly three times.
68.47.163.14  26 times, nine different ports, all but one used three times and
on used twice.
144.137.113.30 used 81 times with about 78 different ports.
217.226.110.2 used 106 times with ports used mostly three or four times.

I'm sure that's more information than anyone wants.
bruce