Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2004:
[linux-help] Linux antivirus

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Linux antivirus
From: bbales <bbales@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 23:05:08 -0500

I have convinced a friend to add Linux to his new Win XP computer and he asked
about antivirus protection.  Before I tell him it isn't needed, I thought
perhaps I should get a second opinion.

There seems to be no HOWTO and not much discussion on the net.  Found several
antivirus products for sale and one downloadable called clam.  He'll probably
have a firewall.

Do any of you have antivirus protection on Linux workstations and if so what
kind?

Are there viruses out there?  Yet?
bruce