Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2004:
[linux-help] mp3 sorting issues :(

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] mp3 sorting issues :(
From: dustin@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:00:41 -0500

Hi.  I am trying to put together a script set (or preferably one script) that
recursively runs through a directory /media and renames all the filenames to
lowercase with underscores for spaces.  Then, the script should convert to wav,
reencode to 128k with lame, and normalize (and dump id3 info) the track.  I
have a nice little script written to get rid of the bad characters and convert
to underscores, but am having problems getting it to recurse.  I also have a
script that takes all the mp3s in a directory and does all the bitrate
conversion stuff.  My other problem (and possibly the larger problem of the two
:( ) is that in my pathetic attempt at bash scripting, I have somehow managed
to take all the periods out of the file names, meaning that they are all run
together ex: bodiesmp3 instead of bodies.mp3

I will happily provide what i have done so far if anyone wants it.  Thanks in
advance, i'm stuck!  I suppose I could go through one by one and fix them, but
on a drive with 50 gigs of mp3s, that could take a minute :(

Dustin