Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2004:
[linux-help] Making Windoz XP play nice with linux 9.0

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Making Windoz XP play nice with linux 9.0
From: "Michael Holmes" <aerospaced@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 20:58:45 -0500

I cannot get linux and windoz to play nice on my laptop.  Linux will
crash windoz when it is run ( booting failures and hanging log off's.  )
And linux will complain of check sum failures.  These faults only show
up when the other has been run.  If linux is run consecutively, there is
no problems; if windows is run consecutively, then there is no problems.
I cannot figure out what to do.  I want and need both.  I used partition
magic to set up 6 gig for linux and 30 gig for windoz.  512 meg for
/boot and 1024 meg for /swap.   Brand new hard drive ( as linux said too
many failure to support the install ( check sum))

I like the new install system on red hat 9.0   The very first thing it
does is check the disk.  ( I have been at 90 percent complete and have a
install crash because of a corrupted download)  I think the disk check
is the best improvement, especially since most installs are from
downloads of iso's.

Mike