Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2004:
[linux-help] Re: Linux antivirus

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Linux antivirus
From: "Jonathan Hall" <flimzy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 00:51:14 -0500

The only Anti-virus software I'm aware of for Linux scans for Windows
viruses.  It's typically used for mail servers that scan for viruses before
letting someone download email, or used on network file servers to prevent
windows clients from being infected by files on Linux machines.

Linux, like all versions of Unix, by it's very design, is all but immune to
viruses.

-- Jonathan