Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2003:
[linux-help] Re: Open Office Calc help requested

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Open Office Calc help requested
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 20:37:25 -0500

* ironrose <ironrose@xxxxxxx> [2003 Apr 19 19:47 -0500]:
> You can have more than one worksheet in the file.  If the church is
> keeping track of the donations by month, then group the worksheets of
> April in one file.  I usually name the files 2003_Jan and 2003_Feb to
> keep all the files together for the same year.  As far as dates go, I
> usually format the cell for date and how I want or need the date
> displayed.

Hi Anne.

I already have all the sheets in one file for the year 2003, which is
not the problem I wish to solve.  What I want is some method more
powerful and less tedious than a find and replace.  I guess the area I'm
dealing with references.  I think I figured this one out, though,
references don't seem to work when the column format is text.  Changing
my master cell in that column to "Date" and the other cells that
reference to it the same way solved the problem.

> I can't get OO Calc to work since I installed Star Office.  Could you
> send me an example of the spreadsheet or the template that you are
> working with while I get Open Office repaired.  ~Anne

I haven't played with SO since the 5.2 days and I never tried to mix
things.  I sent a copy of the template in a seperate email.

Now, I'm just looking for a good introduction to Star Basic programming
that isn't based on the concept of building some kind of application. I
just want to automate the summing process beyond the capability of my
understanding of the formulas.

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "We have awakened a
 Internet | n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               | sleeping giant and