Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: October 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Firewall question

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Firewall question
From: Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:53:25 -0500

You can set up the DHCP server to respond only on the other (internal,
eth0? ) interface.
These messages are because the dhcpd server is broadcasting/responding
on eth1 and thus receives requests there, even though it does not assign
addresses on that interface.

Since individual ports on an individual interface may be blocked by
iptables, you may be able to set up iptables to block it.

I find dhcpv6-client on port 546 and dhcpv6-server on port 547 both tcp
and udp
as listed in /etc/services.