Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Runlevels, and graphical logins

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Runlevels, and graphical logins
From: bruce <bbales@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:23:20 -0500

I haven't  followed this whole thread and I'm not sure what the problem is.
However, in /etc/rc.d there are a bunch of directories named rc1.d, rc2.d,
rc3.d, ... which contain files run when entering runlevel 1, 2, 3, ...
These files may control what you are trying to change.

I don't want to ask a bunch of questions that have been answered, but can you
boot up in runlevel 3 and go to runlevel 5 with startx?  Runlevel 5 is the
graphical mode and 3 is the text mode.
bruce