Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: May 2002:
[linux-help] Re: infecting almost all operating systems.

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: infecting almost all operating systems.
From: Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:31:06 -0500

notice, I did not say it was impossible.
But a virus written for the windows operationg system and it's tools is
not likely to affect Linux.  If, on the other hand, it is written for
unix/linux it is not likely to affect windows.

The problem is that the desktop envifonment is being merged so that at
the user level many things are now becoming interoperable. Thus a
homogenous environment for attack. 8-(