Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: May 2002:
[linux-help] Re: A good tool

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: A good tool
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 21:14:24 -0500

Jeff -

Jeff when you stated that you got two copies of the virus.. were they both
from my email address??

I have scanned my system three times today using three different virus
utilities to make sure that my system are free of virus. And my current
version of 'NORTON A/V' that I am running scans inbound and outbound email
to insure that it is as clean as current anti virus software can be.

Not only was the header from from me due to the lack of correct name that
the virus program would of had access to if sent from my personal system.

The server in question that posted the message is from South America.

And why only to the "Linux-Help" email group??  Since I might of signed up
for this group.. when I changed computers three weeks ago I deleted that
email address from my mail box due to changes made by the group a few months
ago.

This is the first time in close to 16 year of being online that my email
address has been "SPOOFED".

--David