Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Help with a good Linux reference utility?

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Help with a good Linux reference utility?
From: Randy Reames <randy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 20:08:09 -0500

A short while ago Adam M. Sennott wrote:
<snip as they have been answered very well>

> PS- I am using RedHat Linux 7.2 (as root) at home and I believe we'll be
> using RedHat 6.0 at school.

You may want to talk to someone at your school about using RedHat 6.0.
Learning it would do you about as much good as learning Windows 3.1 or
Win 95. The newer versions of RedHat 7.x are very different. And I don't
think cost is an issue. Unless you really want to learn to install Linux
the hard way, as 6.0 would have liitle driver support for many machines.
I don't use RedHat but it is a fact that it is the standard for Linux in
American business that use Linux.

rr

--
Randy Reames    Debian GNU/Linux   reames.org       randy@xxxxxxxxxx