Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2002:
[linux-help] XP restore/linux install

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] XP restore/linux install
From: james l <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:11:37 -0600

I have a friend with XP on his compaq laptop, and it well, sort of went the
way of windows computers. (as in XP no longer works)

He was planning on splitting it with linux for a while. The problem is that
he didn't have his data backed up. It has an ntfs partition, and a network
card. Do any of you know of a linux rescue/install/etc with ntfs support
(xp's restore is not good), so I can during the install copy it to a network
drive (ftp, nfs, smb, scp, whatever, I can put up a server for it)

James L.